Let’s face it. Most of us don’t drink enough water. Have no fear, I’ve made it easy for you: these 6 tips will help get you on your way to proper hydration.
- Buy an attractive cup. Okay, I know this one may sound weird but hear me out. I went out and bought the biggest, cutest cup* I could find and I take it everywhere with me. It’s actually FUN to drink from!
- Use a straw. Personally, I drink at a MUCH faster rate when I use a straw. Plus, I don’t like liquid touching my upper lip if I was to drink from a regular cup (I’m a weirdo, I know).
- Try different temperatures. I know a nice, ice cold glass of water on a hot summer day or after a hot ‘n sweaty workout can just hit the spot, but if I’m just drinking my water throughout the day I actually drink more when the water temperature is just slightly cooler than room temp. I don’t like it WARM, but when it’s really cold if I try to chug it I end up getting brain freeze (ouch!) Also, my teeth are really sensitive to cold temperatures (another reason I like straws).
- Set hourly goals. Maybe it’s easier for you to hit short goals throughout the day. Buy a water bottle and with a marker, make a line on the bottle where you should drink to each hour.
- Bring a water bottle with you everywhere. I find I drink a lot more water if I always have a water bottle with me. I won’t necessarily feel thirst, but if I have the water bottle there with me I drink it.
- Switch it up. You don’t always have to drink plain water. Flavor it up with some fresh fruit, herbs, or even water enhancers. Personally, I keep the water enhancers to a minimum because I don’t like using artificial sweeteners, but every once in a while is okay. I also like to drink a lot of plain green tea.
So there you have it, 6 easy ways to drink more water. Play around and see which ones work best for you and your schedule.
What helps you get your water in during the day?
*denotes affiliate link